Search This Blog

Friday, April 20, 2012

Natural Fresh Water Pearls

Some people think just because I make jewelry, I must have a lot of different pieces for myself. That is not true. I enjoy creating them very much, but I don't really wear my jewelry, except one set - earrings and a necklace - they're mine. The set is plane, but original. I have made it of fresh water pearls and silver findings. For this set I have chosen big pearls - 10 x 11-12 mm. All of the pearls are slightly imperfect and different in shape, but I like them set this way.


Some time ago I did not like pearls at all. I always thought pearls are only for old women. Several years ago my husband and I were in Hawaii and went on a tour to a jewelry factory. When I saw a very interesting video about how pearls are grown, and through a thick glass observed jewelers separating pears according to their size and color, jewelers making handmade pieces right there, I fell in love with pearls - these elegant gifts of an ocean. Next day I bought a shell in a jewelry store. A saleslady opened it in front of me and took out of it my first pearl. It was black. I was very excited and happy. Five minutes later I decided to set this pearl in a ring. I still wear that ring.


These simple earrings are made of fresh water pearls 10 x 12 mm. 


Since that time I love pearls. I just love them in different sizes, shapes and color. I buy a lot of them for my future pieces.




These pearls are the biggest ones I have ever had for making jewelry. They are 11 x 13 mm. I have made these earrings in an antique style. I used brass filigree here. This pair of earrings is another member of fresh water pearl family.





All jewelry items are made by Levine Jewelry.
They are for sale on ETSY.




No comments:

Post a Comment