Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

My collection

I am delighted to see you here, and I am honored to present to your attention some pieces from the collection of jewelry made by me. In this collection you can find single items like:

- earrings
- necklaces (pendants)

and two kinds of sets, like:

- necklaces with matching earrings
- bracelets with matching earrings

In my collection, you will never find two identical pieces because each one is original and unique. I never create the same piece twice. Each piece is the only one of its kind. So, if you decide to purchase any of the items I've created, you can be sure that nobody else has that piece.


This is one of my favorite pieces - a necklace and matching earrings. I made this set of 5 mm round perfectly polished olive green jade and gold tone findings. It looks simple, but elegant. It was a birthday gift for one of my co-workers.


I like jade. It is one of the vibrant and juicy natural gemstones. It is very popular in Chine. Chinese believed jade has been a protection against and cure for kidney diseases. Jade is regarded as a symbol of everything good, beautiful and precious. Chinese believe that jade would bring luck and prosperity. For thousands of years it has been used for the finest objects and cult figures.

 

The word "jade" (sometimes it is spelled "jaid"or "jadeite") is applied to two different minerals: nephrite and jadeite. Long ago I had no idea that jade can be different in color. Nephrite, for example, can be found creamy white - in China they call it "mutton fat" jade, a variety of green colors (my favorite), blue, lavender (or purple), pink and mauve. Jadeite can be found bright emerald-green, blue, lavender and sometimes orange, pink and brown. The emerald green jade called "imperial jade".


Both nephrite and jadeite are very hard, but jadeite is more rare and a little harder than nephrite. Therefore jadeite regarded as more precious gemstone than nephrite. The strength of jadeite is greater than strength of steel. That's why many early civilizations used  jadeite for knives, axes, and other kind of weapons for centuries.


The most important deposits of jadeite are found in Burma, China, Guatemala, Japan, Canada, Kazakhstan, Russia and New Zealand. The most important deposits of nephrite are Brazil, China, Russia, Canada, Taiwan, Alaska and Australia.




All jewelry items are made by Levine Jewelry.




No comments:

Post a Comment